El Asesino

I got into an unlicensed taxi this afternoon (something I do not make a habit of doing...although most of the time it is safe) and began a conversation with the driver. (He was a bit scary looking and had deep eyes that appeared as though they had seen too much in life) He told me that he had been trying to clean up his life and that things were now much different. I asked him what he did previously and he said he was an "asesino". I immediately thought "oh no" but decided to clarify the word and asked "como??" He said in spanish, You know?? to kill people for money... an assassin. He shared with me how many people he had assassinated and in what type of situations he operated. I imediately thought, "Get me out of this car!!!! Why did I do this???" until he continued the conversation with the fact that his life was miserable and evil until he found Jesus Christ 7 years ago and now his life was completely turned around. He shared about his church and his new life with a young child and how greatful he was to the Lord. Amazing.

My day today was filled with blessings from people... another cab I got into this morning had a nice young driver named José that was listening to worship music. I asked him if he was a christian and he happily told me he was. He shared that he did not have much, but that he had this older taxi in order to earn money... and that this old car helped him to share Christ with many people each day! He too had an incredible background filled with drugs, alcohol and gang-life. Today he is a faithful worker at his church, taxi-evangelist and is anxious to have children soon. What an inspiration!

I started my day with my 3rd presentation to businessmen at an exclusive restaurant in San Jose. God was with me as I shared my life with these executives and encouraged them to follow Christ and seek treasures in heaven...what a priveledge. Afterward several approached me to share their stories and pray together. God is so good... I am so thankful for today.

0 comments: